Thursday, February 26, 2009

Come Alive Within Me...

Scripture study yesterday.

With one baby in arms and the other only moments into a nap, I decide today will be a 'listen to a talk' scripture study day. Getting onto byubroadcasting.org I type 'Scott Anderson' somewhat randomly into the search. He presented a talk at a fireside I attended in high school and the message he spoke that day hit me in a strong way, so I decide to just give his name a shot. There he was with seven different talk titles to choose from. "This Life is the Time" caught my eye and clicking on it I began.

And for the next 60 minutes I was reached and reminded; and I loved it.

"Can I teach you a process wherefore you can mine the diamonds of the gospel?"

"It is easy for us to have the gospel and not know how to mine the truth and make it real...make it come alive for us..."

"The mining of the gospel is an internal thing and it has to be done by every individual by themselves, with the blessing of the Spirit, someone else can't do this for you, your parents can't do this for you, this is adult spirituality. This is where you get out of the just going through the motions and work on it yourself and all of a sudden you find the purpose and see it more the way the Savior sees it....this is the adventure spiritually."

"When my heart changed, I saw everything differently."

My journal entry afterward.

"I am so excited about this talk and the things I have learned from it, and getting excited about something is one of the ways I feel the Spirit the most. I'm excited to share it with Chad, to study it out, and make it part of my life. I want to start taking the commandments and principles of the gospel and making them truly mine, making them come alive within me, getting the joy and excitement out of them that they are meant to give. I look back and know there are a lot of things in the gospel that truly have become my own and have filled me with joy indescribable and excitement unexplainable through certain experiences and journeys. I'm just grateful for the reminder of what the gospel is intended to be for me and I'm excited to continue with the process. I'm excited for what joy and depth may come. I love this gospel and this truth. It reaches the core of me and fills my heart to overflowing with love and peace and joy. I want to take it in even more. I want it to come even more alive within me. I want to share it more deeply. I love this life. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior. Isn't it all so amazing?
love,
vandi"


and these are the things of my soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment